WHERE IS AJAN HEADQUARTERED?
AJAN secretariat is at AFRICAMA House along Dagoretti 260, Karen, Nairobi, Kenya.
WHO MAKES UP THE AJAN NETWORK?
Centre Sociaux Loyola (Togo), Service Yezu Mwiza (Burundi), Centre d’Information, d’Education et d’Ecoute du Catholic Universitaire (Central Africa Republic), Chikuni Home Based Care (Zambia), Association Les Benevoles De L’esperance-ABE (Burkina Faso), Centre Maisha (Democratic Republic of Congo), St. Aloysius Gonzaga (Kenya), St. Joseph’s Development Project- Kangemi (Kenya), Ocer Campion Jesuit College (Gulu-Uganda), Integral Youth Development -IYD (Zimbabwe), Foyer Louis de Gonzague-Kikiwit Democratic Republic of Congo), Jesuit Urumuri Centre (Rwanda), St. Teresa’s Reconciliation Parish (South Sudan), Airport Parish- Dodoma (Tanzania), Centre d’ Recherche, d’Education et Communication -CREC (Benin), Holy Family Parish (Liberia), Fe Y Alegria (Guinea- Conakry), and Centre Social Arrupe (Madagascar).
WHAT IS THE WORK OF AJAN?
- Help Jesuits in each African country where there is a presence to respond to HIV and AIDS by bringing those involved together into a task force/working group.
- Bind these national working groups to step by step into an effective continental Jesuit Network with its own voice and ability to act in a coordinated fashion.
- Develop good relations of cooperation with many other groups and associations, and with larger Church and Society of Jesus, relationships based on sharing of information, expertise, and financial resource
WHAT IS THE MEANING OF AHAPPY?
AHAPPY stands for AJAN HIV & AIDS Prevention Programme for youth.
WHO ARE THE TARGET GROUP FOR AHAPPY?
Youths of ages 10-24. However, the Training of Trainers programme is offered to teachers, catechists and other peer educators to empower centres/parishes to sustain this project beyond what the AJAN secretariat initiates.
HOW CAN ONE BECOME A VOLUNTEER WITH AJAN?
AJAN’s AHAPPY (AJAN HIV & AIDS Prevention Programme for Youth) which targets the youth, provides two options: –
- You can undergo a Training of Trainers Course and become an agent against HIV and stigma related to it and a positive social influencer in their community.
- You can undergo a Training of Trainers course and become a trainer in your institution or community.
HOW CAN I DONATE RESOURCES TO ENHANCE AJAN’S WORK?
Click on the button to make your donation.